MapBiomas maps are constantly evolving. Frequently the study period is being updated, generating information at more detailed levels (extension of classes) and improving the image processing and the Feature Space to minimize classification errors.
The current version of the product is MapBiomas Collection 1 Release 1.
Disclaimer: Since the maps are constantly updated, it is recommended to verify that the latest available version is being used.
Products for general public
- Maps of cover and land use. They are maps in matrix or raster format (30 m pixel). The legend of the maps and the period covered may vary between collections.
- Mosaics of satellite images for each year of the historical series with a maximum spatial resolution of 30 m formed by the composition of the representative pixels of each set of images of a place in a certain period of time (e.g., filtering the clouds). Three periods were considered for the generation of the mosaics: 1) annual compound (from January 1 to December 31), 2) wet season (considering dates with NDVI values greater than the 50th percentile), 3) dry season (considering dates) with NDVI values lower than the 50th percentile). The mosaics contain 86 layers of information consisting of 7 bands of the Landsat images and 79 spectral index calculated from them. The tiles can be viewed directly in Google Earth Engine.
- Web platform for public consultation with images, maps and statistics from the MapBiomas Chaco Collection.
Products for specialists or developers
- Scripts processing and classification of images collections.
- Training samples used to classify (in preparation).
- Methodological notes (produced in ATBD format) that explain the methodology used.