All MapBiomas products are constantly evolving. It is divided in Collections:
- Collection 1 - published in April 2019 with simplified legend, including 8 classes and covering the period 2010-2017
- Collection 2 - published in December 2020, including 14 legend classes and covering the period 2000-2019
- Collection 3 - published in September 2022, including 15 legend classes and covering the period 2000-2021
- Collection 4 - published in July 2023, includes 15 classes and covers the period 1985-2022.
- MapBiomas Collection maps are an evolving product. When using the data make sure that you are always using the latest version available.
- MapBiomas maps have their best application in scales up to 1: 100,000. Although it is possible to view them on a 1: 50,000 scale, we do not recommend using them on this scale.
PRODUCT TO ALL PUBLIC
- Land use and land cover maps: maps in the matrix format (30x30m pixel). The legend of these maps, as well as the covered period, evolve throughout the collections.
- Satellite images mosaics of each year of the time series, with a spatial resolution of 30m. The mosaics are formed by the composition of pixels in each set of images for a certain time period (e.g. filtering the clouds). tative pixels of each set of images of a place in a certain period of time (e.g., filtering the clouds). Two periods were considered for the generation of the mosaics: 1) July - August - September (from July 1 to September 30), 2) September - October - November (from September 1 to November 30). The chosen periods result from the balance between the probability of maximizing the differences in the spectral behavior of the classes and the availability of cloud-free images. The mosaics contain 91 layers of information consisting of 6 bands of the Landsat images and spectral indexes calculated from them. The tiles can be viewed directly in Google Earth Engine. Mosaics can be accessed directly in Google Earth Engine for processing or download.
- Public Web Platform with images, maps and statistics of the MapBiomas collections.
PRODUCTS FOR SPECIALISTS OR DEVELOPERS
- Methodological notes explain the whole working method including the specificities of each class.
- Access and Download Tools on Google Earth Engine: allows you to access and download MapBiomas data for different territorial sections.