Who we are
MapBiomas Chaco is an initiative that emerges from a Collaboration for Forests and Agriculture to understand the processes of transformation in the Gran American Chaco from the annual monitoring of land use and cover. It includes governmental and non-governmental, academic and research institutions from Argentina, Paraguay and Brazil.
- Instituto Nacional de Tecnologia Agropecuária
- Asociación Guyra Paraguay
- The Nature Conservancy
Coordination by country:
- Argentina - Instituto Nacional de Tecnología Agropecuaria
- Paraguay and Bolivia - Asociación Guyra Paraguay
- Arcplan (Brazil)
- LAPIG (Brazil)
- MapBiomas Brazil coordination team
- Terras App
- Fundacion Vida Silvestre Argentina
- Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation
General Coordination – José N. Volante (INTA/EEA Salta) y Fabiana Arévalos (Guyra Paraguay)
Technical Coordinator – Santiago Banchero (INTA) y Edder Ortiz (Guyra Paraguay)
Scientific Coordinator – Santiago Verón y Diego Abelleyra (INTA)
Project Manager – Mario Barroso (The Nature Conservancy) and Arley Faria (The Nature Conservancy)
Click here to know institutions of MapBiomas Chaco Initiative.
Click here to know people who are involved in MapBiomas Chaco.