MapBiomas maps are constantly evolving. Frequently the study period is being updated, generating information at more detailed levels (extension of classes) and improving the image processing and the Feature Space to minimize classification errors.
The current version of the product is MapBiomas Chaco Collection 2 Release 1.
Disclaimer: Since the maps are constantly updated, it is recommended to verify that the latest available version is being used.
Products available for general public
- Maps of cover and land use. They are maps in matrix or raster format (30 m pixel). The legend of the maps and the period covered may vary between collections.
- Mosaics of satellite images for each year of the historical series with a maximum spatial resolution of 30 m formed by the composition of the representative pixels of each set of images of a place in a certain period of time (e.g., filtering the clouds). Two periods were considered for the generation of the mosaics: 1) July - August - September (from July 1 to September 30), 2) September - October - November (from September 1 to November 30). The chosen periods result from the balance between the probability of maximizing the differences in the spectral behavior of the classes and the availability of cloud-free images. The mosaics contain 72 layers of information consisting of 6 bands of the Landsat images and 17 spectral index calculated from them. The tiles can be viewed directly in Google Earth Engine.
- Web platform for public consultation with images, maps and statistics from the MapBiomas Chaco Collection.
Products available for specialists or developers
- Collection of image classification and processing scripts (in preparation).
- Training samples used to classify (in preparation).
- Methodological notes (produced in ATBD format) that explain the methodology used.